The body constantly needs fluid to keep it active, performing at its par, to prevent fatigue and drowsiness. Thus, the needs to always keep the body hydrated.
1. Try to drink at least 6-8 ounce glasses of pure, clear water everyday – but not with meals so as not to dilute your digestive juice.
2. Make drinking water a daily habit. When it is hot out or you’re ill, take in even more water 2 or 3 glasses more than usual.
3. Exercise will increase your need for fluids. Make sure to drink water before and during your workout.
4. Avoid community, well or untreated water which could be contaminated.
5. Notice the red flag of dehydration such as feeling thirsty, flushed skin, dry mouth, fatigue and headache.
6. If you don’t like plain water, try adding lemon or fruit juice for flavor.
7. When you’re trying to lose weight drink a few glasses of water about 30 minutes before a meal to calm your appetite and lower the amount of food consumed.
8. To increase your fluid intake, enjoy a few pieces of fruit a day, as well as some homemade vegetables.
9. Children can be the most hit victims of heat and dehydration, remind kids to drink water throughout the day.
10. When travelling, stay hydrated by drinking lots of water, avoid alcohol and salty foods.